Thanks for allowing us to share this guide: How to Get Your House Ready to Sell
Whether it’s your family’s home that you’ve just inherited or a home where you’ve raised a family and created wonderful memories, selling a property may be an emotional experience.
The basic truth is that homes with curb appeal and are super clean, show pride of ownership, and smell nice sell faster and for a higher price than homes that lack the aforementioned traits. Some simple fixes and decluttering can make a big difference.
How to Get Your House Ready to Sell? Curb appeal is critical. First impressions only happen once.
Stand in the street and take a good hard critical look at your property. Look at it thru the buyer’s eyes.
- Make sure your lawn is mowed.
- Edge along the driveway and sidewalks.
- Trim the shrubbery, remove dead branches from your trees, and remove or replace any old/dying shrubs.
- Pressure wash the driveway, sidewalks, and exterior. As well, clean all your outdoor furniture (or get rid of it if it is unserviceable).
- Check that mailbox, house numbers, and exterior lighting fixtures work and are in good condition. Any sign of deferred maintenance and distress creates a bias in the buyer’s mind.
- Clean your windows and screens. This also helps the interiors appearance and brightness.
- A plant or two (not too many) also dress up the entry and makes a great first impression.
Thinking of selling your home? We have a real passion for buying and selling Real Estate, as well as marketing & technology. We would love to share our expertise!
Steelbridge Realty LLC is a Licensed Real Estate Brokerage that utilizes cutting-edge marketing techniques and data-driven Real Estate solutions in today’s ever-changing environment.
Need help buying, selling or leasing?
Call 239 694 3300 or use the form below