Using Zillow North Fort Myers Fl for sellers.
Some of the good things:
- Provides greater listing exposure to millions of consumers.
- The addition of tax records, school ratings and other information to listings is good for consumers.
- Levels the playing field.
- Gives consumer access to FSBOs, foreclosures and other non agent represented properties, painting a fuller picture of the available market.
- Creates a new, broadly reaching, advertising platform for agents to advertise their skills.
Some of the bad things:
- A high percentage of their “available” listings are actually sold or off the market. This confuses and upsets consumers and makes listing agents look bad.
- The sites’ property valuations are often way off, making agents’ jobs harder. We have tried to recreate the Zestimate with our data and cannot. In many cases it is much too high or too low.
- Promotes non-listing agents alongside listings that aren’t theirs, tricking consumers into believing they know the property.
- Sells to any agent, regardless of experience, the title of “Premier” or “Pro”.
As a seller of a North Fort Myers property, you want your listings on Zillow but you need to understand, that in and of itself will not sell your property.
At Steelbridge Realty we have proprietary methods that we use to market our sellers properties.
- First and foremost, take quality pictures. We have a $2500.00 camera setup to include an $800.00 wide angle zoom lens. From our own website metrics, most traffic is focused upon the pictures.
- Place a quality sign on the listing.
- Social media pay per click marketing that is driven by the demographics of a given area.
- we will make and syndicate multiple youtube videos of the sellers property.
- A just listed post card will be sent to all appropriate homes within the area.
- It will be placed within our website network.
- It will be syndicated on as many websites as possible.
- While we are not a fan of open houses in general. We do hold our listings open.
- It will be placed in the multiple listing service
This is just s snapshot of what we use to market out sellers listings. If you are thinking of buying or selling real estate, let’s talk! 239 694 3300 or
About Zillow Group is an online real estate database company that was founded in 2006 and created by Rich Barton and Lloyd Frink, former Microsoft executives and founders of Microsoft spin-off Expedia. Spencer Rascoff is the current CEO of Zillow, Inc
Zillow has stated that it is a media company that generates revenue by selling advertising on its web site. In April 2009, Zillow announced a partnership to lend its real estate search engine to the web sites of more than 180 United States newspapers as a part of the Zillow Newspaper Consortium. Zillow shares advertising revenue from the co-branded sites with the newspapers and extends its reach into local markets.
In February 2011, Zillow and Yahoo! Real Estate launched an exclusive partnership creating the largest real-estate advertising network on the web, according to comScore Media Metrix.